BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Friday, August 01, 2008

Yippee! Another Delayed Reaction Post!


I mentioned a couple of weeks ago that I was going to an American Idols concert. I also asked for you cynics out there, who don't enjoy pop music as much as I do, to reserve you harsh judgments and criticisms of moi. I'm here to tell you, two weeks later, that it was an AWESOME concert! I had a friggin' fantastic time with my girl, Lisa, in St. Louis.


Each Idol was counted down from 10 to 1, winner David Cook. I enjoyed nine of the ten. (If you remember Kristy Lee Cook, you'll know why I didn't want to hear her sing Lee Greenwood again.) And since they did appear in reverse order, I was shocked to be reminded of how early Australian Michael Johns was ousted from the contest. It was tragic-like to see him sing and THEN Miss Cook come out and belt her country-inspired (?) hits. Blechety-blech-blech on her! (Sorry to be hateful. It was just harsh to hear the soulful voice of Johns and then her weak, country twangs.) Johns sang an awesome threesome of tunes: We Will Rock You/We Are the Champions, Dream On, and It's All Wrong (But It's Alright). I want a Michael Johns CD stat. (I mean c'mon, he's already got four songs on his myspace).


David Cook was outstanding, and I can't wait for that CD. (After seeing the show, I for sure think it should have been David Cook and Michael Johns in the final, but like Simon always says, don't complain if you didn't vote.) Cook sang six songs, and he rocked the socks off of St. Louis. Lisa luuuuuuuuurved him! We had a great time, and don't judge us for wanting to have a good time...even if it was at an American Idol concert. ;)

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

One day David Cook is going to come for me, like Michael Johns is going to come for you, and the four of us are going to run away together. I have a suitcase packed in the closet ready to go.

11:15 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home