BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Thanks, Ina!

I made my first ever homemade lasagna tonight, and it was all with the help of my favorite Hamptons resident, Ina Garten! Her recipe for Turkey Lasagna was out of this world! OK, OK, so I left out the goat cheese, but it was still outstanding. (Hey, I don't live in the Hamptons; I can't afford $8.49/lb goat cheese.) The Italian turkey sausage made it lighter than regular lasagna (ie, it didn't just sit in the bottom of my tum like a huge boulder), and the fresh mozzarella made all the difference.

I highly recommend this recipe, and it was very easy. I used to think Ina's meals were more difficult than, oh, let's say, RayRay's, but they aren't! They're just a bit more time consuming...and that I can handle. If you have a few extra minutes to pull a lasagna together, definitely try this out.

P.S. I also recommend checking out Ina's cookbook Barefoot Contessa Family Style. It includes the Turkey Lasagna recipe from above, plus loads of other family friendly recipes that are easy to prepare and that will feed an army. It's also full of wonderful photos, so you know if your meal is on the right track or not. ;) Photos are always so reassuring in a cookbook.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home