BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Friday, July 25, 2008

ComiCon '08

One of these days I'm seriously going to need an intervention: a NERD intervention. But no one has come to save me yet, so I must not be that far gone. (What will it take: playing D&D?)

Part of being stuck in a hotel in the ATL meant that I was unable to watch G4's coverage of ComiCon 2008. But thanks to the wonder of reruns, I'm able to get caught up on Day 1 right now. Husband thought I was joking when I said I wanted to go to ComiCon, but when you read the list of AWESOMENESS below, you'll know why I really wanted to go...or you'll just get in your car to start the intervention post haste.

What is ComiCon you ask? ComiCon is the nerd convention of the year:
comics, sci-fi movies and TV shows, toys for both, movie trailers, superheroes! It's held in San Diego every July. (And you know what San Diego is Spanish for, right? I thought so.) Here are some highlights from Day 1 of every nerd's summer destination:
  • Olivia & Kevin!!! My favorite American TV hosts (as opposed to my fave Brit hosts from my previous post) helm G4's ComiCon coverage. I love them so much. We would be best friends if we ever met. I just want to invite them over to my house, cook them really good food, and chat. Seriously, if you haven't met them yet on Attack of the Show, you haven't lived.
  • Twilight, Twilight, Twilight. The Twilight cast made a panel appearance at Day 1. I wish I could've been there. As you all know, I cannot wait for this movie adaptation of the hottest Y.A. books since a lil chap named Harry Potter.
  • Rocky!...Oh, excuse me, Dwayne Johnson. He showed up at Day 1 to push the Disney remake of Escape to Witch Mountain. See? Even kids can have fun at ComiCon!
  • Corey Feldman??? He stopped by the G4 cameras to tell us...sigh...that Lost Boys 2 has officially been assigned straight to DVD release status. Balls. I was so ready to chomp some popcorn at the theater for that one.
  • An Elvis impersonator dressed as a Stormtrooper. Seriously, folks, could it GET any better!?! He had a prime spot behind the lovely Olivia during one segment. Oh! He's on again as I type! That's two segments...he must know just to follow Olivia around.
  • True Blood. Vampires, HBO, pushing the envelope. Sounds grand to me...now if I could just get HBO at my house. Oh, yeah, it stars Oscar winner Anna Paquin and created by Alan Ball, the man who helmed HBO's Six Feet Under.
  • And movies, movies, MOVIES! Watchmen, X-Files, more Batman talk, Robocop remake (gag), J.J.'s newest effort, Fringe (J.J.'s ALWAYS at ComiCon), WOLVERINE (sniggety, sniggety!), Terminator with everyone's favorite bat, Bale, and more.
  • Want more? Check out the following websites:

1 Comments:

Blogger Toddo said...

So, Trueblood films a block from my restaurant and I've been packing lunches for the entire costume crew for five months. It wasn't until a month ago I knew what it was until I started seeing all the viral advertising for it. I wished you lived here so you could see all the posters. They change daily. They put them up in the morning, like the Vampire Defense League (or whatev it's called) and by the afternoon, someone comes by and defaces them and writes murderer on them and stuff. It's really cool. Plus, there're apparently Trueblood vending machines, but I haven't found any yet. We'll discuss this weekend when I see you!!!!!

12:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home