BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Sunday, August 17, 2008

31 Years Gone


Well, better late than never...

It's Elvis Dead Day #31. And as I sit here watching "That's the Way It Is" (original 1970 cut, not remastered 2001 junk), I get a deep down sad feeling. I wish I could truly appreciate what it meant to see Elvis live. I would love to have a time traveling DeLorean to do a few things, like visit the thick of the Civil Rights movement and watch Papa Hemingway write whilst drunk in Paris. But at the top of my short list would be to see Elvis live in Vegas in 1969/1970. His voice was at it's peak; his body was rockin'. I would find my mom and take her, and we would have an unbelievable time. Can you even begin to imagine the electrifying hum running through the audience before he took stage? And then, once he does, you feel an actual bolt of lightening go through your body! Oh, the raw energy he would send pulsating through the audience! I can only imagine. It would have been amazing.

But, here I sit, 31 years after he died...just imagining. *sigh*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home