BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Wednesday, May 21, 2008

The Battle of the Century


Ah, I love Idol hyperbole. I've watched American Idol all season. So what? And, let me say, it wasn't just hype: there was some major talent this year! It was a highly enjoyable season (with the exception of Andrew Lloyd Weber night...he's written other stuff besides Phantom y'know!). The Top 2 were fantastic! Read on to discover...

The Top 10 Reasons You Should've Watched the American Idol Finale:

  1. David Cook singing with ZZ Top. Now that was awesome...and yes, they were some sharp dressed mens.
  2. Seeing Paula twist, shout, and CLAP for two straight hours. Always the highlight of my week. Oh, and her dress was frillingly stunning. She lurves her frills!
  3. Fine. I'll admit it: that new Carrie Underwood song was "molten hot" (as Randy would say).
  4. Speaking of Randy...his red suit with the white trim was totally, utterly disturbing (it's still fun to mock, though). I'd rather see Simon's chest hair peeking out of his V-neck sweaters.
  5. A little Bryan Adams medley anyone? With the grizzled Canadian coming out to sing himself? OK, I'll watch that!
  6. Michael Johns got to come back: 'nuff said.
  7. Gladys Knight and "the Pips" singing "Midnight Train to Georgia." Oh, and "the Pips" in this case being Jack Black, Ben Stiller, and Robert Downey, Jr. (OK, guys, I will see "Tropic Thunder" now...just cause you made me flippin' lose my stuff with your synchronized dance moves.)
  8. Spotting insignificant C-list celebs and former Idol winners/contestants in the audience. My fave? Camryn Mannheim going ape when the winner was announced.
  9. George Michael singing "Praying for Time." OMG, it was BEAUTIFUL. (But Paula's tears were a little too much even for me.)
  10. Watching David Cook win!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Suck on that all you pre-pubescent girls who only like to hear Archie sing ballads. This country wants to ROCK with the Cook!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home