BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Friday, January 11, 2008

An I-Just-Saw-It-and-Must-Talk-About-It Post

Don't be haters, yo. I just saw this on the film on the way home and can't get it out of my head. I want you to cease being a hater, because even though it came out in November, I just saw it and am just alking about it now. I usually hate it when people jump on the bandwagon late like that, but I didn't catch it during it's 13 day stint at the local cinemaplex.


What is "it?" Well, "it" is "Across the Universe." It was absolutely wonderfulphenomenal deliciousengagingbeautiful. If you still haven't heard of it, click the link above. If you've hesitated to see it because of Evan Rachel Wood (which I've learned could be the case with many), you should give it a shot anyway. It was simply exquisite. A film about the '60's outlined by Beatles classics--ingenious! At first I didn't know how I felt about all the Beatles covers, but in the end it was a glorious film accomplish. Julie Taymor outdid herself, and I enjoyed every Beatle-filled minute. The male lead, Jim Sturgess, is already a new film favorite. He was completely engaging to watch. The best part: all the kids could hold a tune! No lip synching here a la Natalie Wood here! And one more unique tidbit: the main characters are named by Beatles' songs (Jude, Lucy, Prudence, Jo-Jo, etc).

PLEASE, give it a shot, especially if you're a Beatles fan. I don't think you'll be disappointed with the new song interpretations. The film also reinforces the overwhelming, staggering changes in the Beatles' sound in 7 short years.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home