BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Thursday, December 27, 2007

Have You Gone Yet?

Now officially receiving the BingBongBoom! seal of approval, garnering 4 stars upon first viewing, is 'I Am Legend.' If you still haven't seen it yet*, you're mad. It's fantastic, and I left the theater in a movie haze of epic proportions (ie, I could only blather on about the amazing intricacies of the film for the next thirty minutes before taking a breath).

Will Smith is spellbinding, sharing the screen with no one for 2/3 of the movie. I didn't see 'Pursuit of Happyness,' so I don't know how this performance compares. I also don't know how the Academy couldn't recognize this one with another nomination. (Oh wait, yes I do: because it's a 'horror' movie--but it's really not. They really need to get off their old butts and start expanding their selection criteria to more than just 'drama.')
*Yes, yes, I know I was late in seeing it, too, but it came out the night before we high-tailed it to Scotland, and it just came out yesterday on this side of the pond. I also got to pay just over $10 to see it--no thanks to the strong £ and weak $.

3 Comments:

Blogger Toddo said...

Wow, Daddy. I, umm, agree with you on many things. I'm just as addicted to Food Network and obscure English television as you are, but, really? You liked this movie? Really?
All I can say is "Why?" They left too many holes in the story. Why did they set it up as if the zombies were getting smarter, and then never finish that plot line? Why didn't he just throw the grenade and then jump in the whole after them? Why did the amazing Emma Thompson make such a short cameo at the beginning? I could go on and on.
So again I ask, why did you like it?
P.S. The animation was horrible. Manna! It was horrible!!
Love you!

2:36 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I will ask Andrew if we can make this a part of our movie "to do" list. Still, seeing "Treasure" was a great after Christmas experience. If Martin's listening, it went like this . . . just kidding, Martin!

12:51 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

Oh, Daddy...I lurve you, too! We'll just agree to disagree on this one. Maybe the reasons I actually enjoyed it were: 1) watching Will get ripped and 2) seeing the Batman v. Superman billboard in Times Square. Misses you I do!
P.S. Hey, that animation was top notch. ;)

1:38 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home