BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Thursday, September 13, 2007

My New Sworn Enemy...


...used to be my best friend.

What the HEEZY has happened to Nick @ Nite!?! What used to be the best place on TV to catch golden oldies of the TV age has now turned into a dumping ground for recently cancelled crap. (So sorry about the harsh language, but I'm really peeved about this.) You guys know I try to keep this lil blog positive. However, I think I'm at a breaking point.


What tipped
my scales (to the usage of such profane dialect on the BingBongBoom!) was the one-two bang additions of "Home Improvement" and "The George Lopez" show. Earlier this year (February, in fact), I was praising Nick for adding the Seavers to their nightly roster. It was the shining light amongst the constant re-runs of "Fresh Prince," "Roseanne," "Full House," and "America's Stupidest Home Videos." OK, fine, you want to show these shows, but why not get more variety? Why does each show have to run in an hour block? Doesn't Nick @ Nite realize that they could be the purveyors of classic television for a whole new audience? What is wrong with upholding these classics: cherishing them, relishing them, and introducing them to new viewers? Why does Nick think that kids won't respond? When I showed "Growing Pains" in my class last year, a 12 year old, low income African American boy said, "Aw, the Seavers! That's my show!"

Just what did happen to old Nick @ Nite?
Y'know: Donna Reed, Patty Duke, Dennis the Menace, Father Knows Best, Laugh-In; heck, I'd even watch Mister Ed right now if it meant no more senseless Tool Time. Then TV Land came along, and I had hope that there would be oldies on again, but that lasted about a minute. Now the only oldies they show is Bonanza and Little House.

There's no Dick Van Dyke, Mary Tyler Moore, Bradies, Taxi, All in the Family, or Kotter. Nothing but present day family sitcoms that lack intelligence and wit abound. Why can't I be in charge of programming? Why can't Nick go back to what it once was? Why can't I get over this???

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Dobie f'ing Gillis. I loved that show!

4:49 PM  
Blogger jacob said...

Here, Here!

Nick-at-Nite fucking sucks! (How's that for language?)

I think Home Improvment must have been the cheapest buy at the long-cancelled syndication symposium. Donna Reed and Dennis the Menace probably cost more than Tim Allen.

Thankfully.

11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home