BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Tuesday, September 11, 2007

SHUT UP!

I won't shut up, folks, cause I'm so excited about the CD I have playing right now. What could it be you ask? Maybe some Pearl Jam? Some Jack & Meg? How bout those crazy Rilo Kiley cats? Well if none of these, it must be that drunk Winehouse? Nope, none of these, fair readers. After a prolonged absence, I return with a revival of...

TAKE THAT!

Thanks to my beautiful friend, Jen, I've been reacquainted with Britain's top boyband since the Beatles. If you know me, you know I always make my way back to poppy happiness. Of course I love the new music, but sometimes, you (well, me, myself, and I) need to return to roots. It just so happens my roots are happy go lucky pop. (I blame toolin' round with Becky and Barb during my formative listening years for that.)

They're back with a vengence, Take That is. They're sans Robbie, but they still got that boyband sound down. In my opinion, it's more mature, too. Less synth-y key boards and more solid guitar chords and [real] drum beats to keep your toes tappin'. They're latest effort, Beautiful World, came out last year. This Yank just got her hands on it today, thanks to Jen, and I've been listening to it nonstop. I'm now officially jealous Miss Jen gets to see them in concert soon.

I don't know where you'll find it--I might be your only outlet in fact--but if you can check it out. Especially if you really just love good pop music. Tracks 2 and 6 are killer!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home