BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Tuesday, May 08, 2007

We're Gonna Score Tonight!

I'll tell you one thing: Bowling never looked cooler than it did in "Grease 2." Boy does Adrian Zmed know how to knock 'em down!

That's right, friends. I'm spending my Tuesday night watching that underrated 1982 classic, "Grease 2."* Thanks to FN addict, I recently purchased "Grease" and "Grease 2" for only $14.99. (He's the one that dragged me to Bust Buy, so it's all his fault.) What a steal!

I was discussing this screen gem over
the weekend with my dear friend, Cori. "Grease" is everywhere. Reality show, countless community theatre productions (I was even in one-ugh), and innumerable talent show renditions of "Hopelessly Devoted to You." Hey, don't get me wrong: I used to love me some "Grease." And boy, did I ever swoon over John Travolter...just ask my Auntie Shrew. But, as I grow wiser, I tend to favor the lesser known and appreciated "Grease 2."

Top 10 Reasons to Love "Grease 2" More than "Grease":
1. Adrian Zmed...nuff said. (Oh, that rhymed!)
2. They sing a song about reproduction, aptly titled, uh, well "Reproduction."
3. It contains a svelte Christopher McDonald, probably best known now for his work as Shooter in "Billy Madison."

4. Tab Hunter is the biology teacher...AWESOME.
5. It teaches kids new and creative ways to make spare change (charge gang members for writing their papers).
6. Two words: Maxwell Caulfield. His Michael Carrington has held up much better over the years than John Travolta's Danny.
7. It teaches you spelling: C-O-O-L R-I-D-E-R.
8. The plot flips everything when the pristine, foreign boy falls for the rugged, tomboyish girl. And it reinforces the important "Grease" lesson that you should change who you are to get what
[who] you want.
9. Maxwell Caulfield's biker suit during the heaven sequence (right).
10. Not only are there songs about reproduction and bowling but other songs that revolve around a luau, the four seasons, prowling [for girls], and nuclear fallout. If you can't learn something new from this film, I don't know what you can learn from.

*I really should be grading. I have 90 student critique portfolios to grade, but this is just so much more fun!

4 Comments:

Blogger jacob said...

let's do it for our country, the red, white and the blue. let's do it for our country our...country... wants us toooooooooooo!

michelle pfeiffer also dances on a ladder, right?

10:01 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's so funny that you're talking about this movie. I quoted it to Kristi on her MySpace page the other day and actually felt a little bit embarassed to know any quotes from it, since it's the opinion of most people that it is the far more inferior Grease. Now I don't feel so bad. Thanks, BingBongBoom!

By the way, the quote I used- Kristi asked me what day I was free this week and I told her that I was free everyday- it's in the Constitution. That was a Stephanie Zinone zinger. That movie taught me a lot.

10:36 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

holy cripes, cousin! i am SO proud of you!!! you even spelled "zinone" right. zmed's alo the reason i love "bachelor party" so much.

8:59 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OH GOD MAXWELL CAULFIELD TURNS ME ON IN THIS MOVIE!

7:41 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home