BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Tuesday, May 15, 2007

And Nostalgia Sets In

I went to my cousin's senior choir concert tonight at Champaign Central High School. She was beautiful, and she sang the song I sang for my senior solo, "Maybe This Time," from Kander & Ebb's "Cabaret." I was so proud of her!!! And her mommy even played the piano for her. It was very awesometearfullovelyspecial.

HOWEVER, I was very unimpressed with everything else. There was a very small smattering of people in the audience (maybe 50-60); the choir members talked while they walked on stage and in between performances; a couple of the soloists weren't even prepared for
their performances. It made me very sad, for when I was in the choral program there, the senior performances were so packed that people had to stand in the back.

I guess I just wish more people could have seen the hard work Megs put into her solo, which was by far the most rehearsed and professional one. I don't know why students aren't supporting their peers. I don't know what has happened to the once thriving choral
department at CHS, where kids would bend over backward to participate. I also wish there could be some stability with the choir director. What's it been, J: three in nine years? I left with a bitter taste in my mouth, hungry for the dedicated music maestros of bygone days...like the ones below: Don't they look gorgeous? They're* so excited to be together, and they are thrilled to start singing. Most of the kids on stage tonight weren't even taking their gig seriously. :( Maybe I should go to EIU to get my music ed. degree, not my middle level teaching degree. Then Abby and I could take over the Unit 4 music program!



*I can't remember the girl's name between Libby and Jenn. Help me out.

3 Comments:

Blogger jacob said...

Fraser: 96-98?
Marianetti: 98-03
Agnoletti: 03-05
Some Bitch: 05-06
Young Dude: 06-Present???

That photo is wonderful. And I can't remember her name, either. I wanna say Leah Colclasure, but that's wrong. She dated a black guy and got pregnant shortly after graduating. And the rest, they say, is h-i-s-t-o-r-y!

9:24 AM  
Blogger jacob said...

Found out: It was Jenny Commons. She DID get pregnant with Phillip Rowell's baby... but they lost it.

You find these things out when you run into Erin Mitchell on the street. She's moving back to Champaign in a few weeks!

6:58 PM  
Blogger amanda said...

holy shiz. i remember jenn taking the other jenny under her wings. and, speaking of lauren o'connor (as we were on our walk)...she is on my softball team! today was the first game we played together, and we had no idea we were on the same team. what a small world...can't wait to run into erin and abby on the street. how the heezy did you run into erin mitchell in d.c.???

10:42 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home