BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Friday, November 10, 2006

So Many Favorites...

...so little time. Who will win out? Who will YOU see this weekend?

How about The Return? Sarah Michelle Gellar, your favorite vampire slayer and mine, is back in a horror flick. This is her fifth one, and I think she's vying for the Jamie Lee Curtis of our generation award. She's so cute, but lets move on to something new. She was so pleasant and charming in Simply Irresistable! (Shut up! It was a cute flick!)

What about Stranger Than Fiction? God of my country, Will Ferrell, stars in this quirky, "gimicky" (according to my brother) flick. C'mon, he's playing Normal Joe IRS Guy! I'm excited (except for the Queen Latifah; she needs a break...for real).

Then there's Harsh Times, with one of my ultimate faves, Christian Bale. He's an LA gangsta wannabe, in this film from the writer/director of Training Day. It also has Freddy Rodriguez, who really enjoys mirrors on ceilings (two points if you get that reference). I'm just stoked to see the Bale act like Patrick Bateman with a jagged gangsta edge. Sweet.

Finally, the art pick of the week, Babel. I wanted to ignore it, but it just looks too good. It's international all-star cast looks pretty solid (Pitt and Gael Garcia Bernal), and it's just too appropriate for our times to pass up. (If you're in the C-U area, go see it at the Art instead of Savoy/Carmike, PLEASE!)

Well, the choice is too hard for me. SMG vs. Ferrell vs. the Bale vs. Bernal??? Are you kiddin' me? I'll just go to Chicago and see a show with my wonderful husband instead.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home