BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Thursday, January 19, 2017

It's So Hard to Say Goodbye

It is hard to put into words what the Obama Presidency has meant to me.

It has restored my faith in politicians.  In Barack Obama and Joe Biden, I see two men who I believe did the best they could for this country.  I truly believe they did the best they could to let their morals and hearts guide them.  There job wasn't perfect.  How could it be?  They could never, ever do everything to please everyone.  But, I believe they were just, true to their beliefs, and let their hearts guide them.

I have witnessed a First Family lead this country with humility, grace, and courage.  I have watched them lead without scandal.  I have been proud to say I'm a citizen of this country under their lead.




I have seen a President be always strong and firm, yet not afraid to wear his heart on his sleeve.  In the wake of school shootings, a church massacre, and the too frequent deaths of young black men taken down in the streets, among so many other events that cause "normal" people to break down (including myself), he persevered, longing to bring hope to the hopeless and disenfranchised.



I have seen memes of a beautiful, respectful, enticing bromance.  I mean, c'mon!  In this day and age, a little levity never hurt anybody, and President Obama and Vice President Biden played along when appropriate.  They also used social media for good, to spread positivity, in order to lift others up, never bringing people down.


I have seen a First Lady outdance late night talk show hosts, outclass every person in the room, and fight oh-so-diligently for the health and well being of our youth.  I cannot put into words how much I admire her...and want to be her when I grow up.



I have been able to watch these people on the grand stage of world politics endure pressure, glowing praise, criticism, and unabashed hatred.  Throughout it all, they kept their cool, stayed calm, and always stayed focused on the good of our country.



It is so hard to say goodbye to the Obama and Biden families.  I would be lying if I said I wasn't scared about the next four years.  I do not want President Elect Trump to fail, though.  That would mean wanting failure for our country.  I want him to rise up to his position.  I want him to rise up to the class and dignity that his predecessor has put before him.  I want him to be able to see there is strife, anger, fear, and renewed disillusionment in our country...and I want him to prove people wrong and govern us with fairness, equality, and justice.  

Tomorrow will be a hard, heavy, sad day for many.  But, HOPE is what the Obamas taught me the most.  And I will continue to hope and pray for our country, everyday, without fail.  Will you do the same??




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home