BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Sunday, August 15, 2010

One Reason to LOVE the Cooking Channel


Recently my wonderful husband upgraded our cable package. One reason he did this? Cause I could get the Cooking Channel. (Yeah, I KNOW! How GREAT is he?) Aside from having lots of Giader, tons of Tyler, and Jamie Oliver everyday, it also has my favorite chef from my youth, the one who got me addicted to cooking shows: the Galloping Gourmet.

Oh, Graham Kerr...How I adore thee. Everyday I gallop to my set at 2:30/1:30 p.m. to see my wonderful friend, in his garish (well, stylish for then) 70's three-piece suits. I'm giddy as I listen to his daily anecdote before he starts the cooking, and I relish when his clarified butter isn't clarified. Cause guess what, peeps? This shee was real, LIVE, and if that butter wasn't ready, he went on with the show anyway (after a handsome, deadpan "Oh woe is me" look to the camera). He is the most entertaining man ever to host a TV cooking show, and yes, I'm including my modern-day favorite, Mr. Oliver.

It doesn't get any better than vintage Kerr. If you have the time, and the CC, PLEASE tune in to his show. You won't be sorry. Well, you actually might be sorry you can't entertain and cook like him, but you'll love watching him do it in your stead. I hope you enjoy!

P.S. If you're a LOOOOOOOOONG time reader, you'll remember I did one of my very first posts on the GG back in 2006. Check out the archive if you're so inclined.

3 Comments:

Blogger SEMO Craft Beer said...

I REALLY want the cooking channel. I even tried negotiating with the cable company. They wanted $10 bucks for that tier but I only wanted to spend $5 since it was all for one channel. Apparently, they don't feel the need to negotiate their price with me.

8:02 AM  
Blogger amanda said...

We also now get Soap Net (90210!), Game Show Network (Dick Clark on the Pyramid!), and a bevy of low-end movie channels (Starz, Encore, etc). I'm pretty happy with the extra $10 a month we spend. Tell your cable company to get on board and act like mine!

11:24 AM  
Anonymous Jo Mama said...

;-)

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home