BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Thursday, December 20, 2007

What Are You Doing to Get Ready?


Well, if it was the Christmas of 2005, I would be watching Ant & Dec's Christmas Special with special guest Robbie Williams (and his good friend, Jonny). Buuuuuuuuut, since it's not 2005, I've got other things planned. For instance, wrapping presents! That always gets me in the mood for the Big Day. Read on to find out what you can do from the comforts of your home, while out and about, or when with special in-laws (like I am!):

1. Go to foodnetwork.com and find some special, new holiday treat to incorporate into your Christmas traditions. Be bold; be brave; just do it! (Ina would.)
2. Make a Christmas mix CD/playlist. (I suggested this last week, so who took me up on it?) What's that? You've NEVER done that before!?! Shame on you! If you don't know what to do, contact me or my mix buddies of old: Hosefy and Brian from Pages. They ALWAYS know what to put on a quality Christmas mix...and those are the only two I know who might own more Christmas music than me.
3. Go to your local bookstore (Pages if you're in Champaign), bring your favorite yuletide tome, listen to the holiday music piping through the stereo system, and embrace the Christmas embience. Ahhhhhhh!
4. Empty your RV waste into a sewer system. Oh wait! That's just Cousin Eddie. Um, well, why not give it a whirl anyway?
5. Speaking of whirls...try a new microwave dinner. If you're too lazy to go to the lengths of an Ina recipe (or find yourself home alone), follow Kevin McCallister's cue.
6. Watch Elf.
7. Spread Christmas cheer by singing loud for all to hear. :)
8. Read from the Tall Book of Christmas on Christmas Eve.
9. Don't go to the mall!!! It'll be crazy, you run the risk of getting run over by an insane mom with her crying baby in a pram, and you'll leave with no Christmas spirit whatsoever. Just don't do it. (Seriously, I'm begging you.)
10. Watch Elf.

Hope you have fun!!! I highly recommend numbers 6 and 10 myself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home