BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Monday, July 13, 2009

Not Sure How I Feel About This

Since I'm home with baby, Husband keeps me in tune with the world of pop culture these days. Today he sent me a very interesting link. My favorite chef, Jamie Oliver, will bring his healthy food campaign to America. This I LOVE! However, I'm not too sure about his co-host, the one, the only, Ryan Seacrest. Hmmm??? I don't know how I feel about this.

I've been using Jamie's 4-part series, Jamie's School Dinners, the last three years in my classroom. The kids watch it, see how horrible junk food is for them, and then write a persuasive essay telling the district to get us fresh food at school (of course the writing takes place with lots of persuading and bribing from myself). Now, there will be a new shiny series to possibly show, but that would mean I would have to watch Seacrest five times a day, for two days (how long we usually watch the original UK program).

What does Seacrest know about food? Maybe he has a deep, personal, private conviction to bring healthy food to the masses, and this is his chance to show everyone. But, Jamie and Seacrest-Out? It just seems like such the odd pairing. I guess we'll just have to wait til next year to see how this all pans out (no pun intended).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home