BingBongBoom!!!

A place for anything and everything that comes to mind.

Friday, June 25, 2010

New Who


I've been silent all these years...oh, um, I mean MONTHS (sorry, Tori)...on the subject of our new Doctor. OK, here comes the verdict:

He's pretty flipping brilliant.

So much more than I hoped, and I haven't even been too distracted by his oddly put together face. (Admittedly, maybe I just miss Tennant's, but Smith has kind of a weird visage*.) The stories are tight for the most part, although I was rather disappointed with the return of the weeping angels. (I think they were too iconic for a comeback, though. The Sally Sparrow episode was just too breathtaking for words, and Moffat should've never gone back.) The recently aired two-parter in the US, The Hungry Earth/Cold Blood, was excellent, and the premier episode was the best introduction of a new Doctor since the relaunch. All in all, I give it an 8/10.

Keep tuned in, America, cause the Doctor meets Vincent van Gogh this weekend, and as far as the UK goes, I think the finale has already aired. I hope the rest of the season doesn't diappoint!




*YES! I've finally used "visage" on my blog! Maybe I will just stop after this entry. Huzzah!

1 Comments:

Blogger No Longer 25 said...

I've not seen any of the episodes with the new dr yet, still missing David Tennant too much!

11:25 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home